Not a teflgeek competition I hasten to add, but a competition sponsored by the Disabled Access Friendly Blog.
If you are a budding materials designer / ELT writer – then this competition will be good way to get a great start in the game!
All the information on the competition now follows:
The Disabled Access Friendly campaign has teamed up with ELT Teacher 2 Writer and Burlington Books to bring you this opportunity to use your worksheet writing skills to inform students about issues affecting people with mobility disability.
All suitable entries will be published online on Disabled Access Friendly’s site, which is visited by ELT colleagues from over 120 countries
There will be three prizes:
- 200 Euros towards the cost of professional development, such as an online writing course or participation at an ELT event (kindly sponsored by Burlington Books)
- 100 Euros towards the cost of professional development, such as an online writing course or participation at an ELT event (kindly sponsored by Burlington Books)
- A set of six ELT Teacher 2 Writer modules:
- How To Write Vocabulary Presentations And Practice
- How To Write Reading And Listening Activities
- How To Write Critical Thinking Activities
- How To Write ESP Materials
- How To Write Graded Readers
- How ELT Publishing Works
Disabled Access Friendly is a voluntary campaign that provides ELT teachers with online material that raises awareness about mobility disability. All this material is completely free. The site has lesson plans, reading texts and video clips at all levels that can be used as supplementary material, for projects and examination practice. The material allows teachers to provide insight and information about life as a person with a mobility disability, thus building pathways for caring and action. By stepping into someone else’s shoes, the students explore their own and other people’s attitudes and become aware while learning English.
ELT Teacher 2 Writer is a database of ELT teachers who want to write. Publishers search this database when they’re looking for writers. It is also a series of training modules designed to help teachers write better ELT materials, either for publication or to improve the quality of their self-produced classroom materials.
What are the competition guidelines?
1. You choose the mobility related topic, language area and level. For ideas we suggest you look at Disabled Access Friendly’s reading texts
, video clips
and lesson plans
, and read disability blogs and published articles.
2. Find the full writing guidelines here
Who are the judges?
- Adir Ferreira, teacher, teacher trainer and content writer
- Disabled Access Friendly campaign
- ELT Teacher 2 Writer
How to submit your entry
Please save your file as follows:
Your surname, Your first name. Title of worksheet e.g.
Smith, Susan. My wheelchair friend
Entries to reach us by the closing date of 16th December 2013